Murphy’s Ten Laws for String Theorists:
(1) If you fix a mistake in a mathematical superstring calculation, another one will show up somewhere else.
(2) If your results are based on the work of others, then one such work will turn out to be wrong.
(3) The longer your article, the more likely your computer hard disk drive will fail while you are typing the references.
(4) The better your research result, the more likely it will be rejected by the referee of a journal; on the other hand, if your work is wrong but not obviously so, it will be accepted for publication right away.
(5) If a result seems to good to be true, it is unless you are one of the top ten string theorists in the world. (By the way, these theorists refer to their results as “string miracles”.)
(6) Your most startling string-theoretic theorem will turn out to be valid in only two spatial dimensions or less.
(7) When giving a string seminar, nobody will follow anything you say after the first minute, but, if miraculously someone does, then that person will point out a flaw in your reasoning half-way through your talk and what will be worse is that your grant review officer will happen to be in the audience.
(8) For years, nobody will ever notice the fudge factors in your calculations, but when you come up for tenure they will surface like fish being tossed fresh breadcrumbs.
(9) If you are a graduate student working on string theory, then the field will be dead by the time you get your Ph.D.; Even worse, if you start over with a new thesis topic, the new field will also be dead by the time you get your Ph.D.
(10) If you discover an interesting string model, then it will predict at least one low-energy, observable particle not seen in Nature.
In summary, anything in string theory that theoretically can go wrong will go wrong, but if nothing does go theoretically wrong, then experimentally it is ruled out.
Rib Ticklers: Top Superman Jokes
As much as we adore the Man of Steel, we can’t deny that he’d make a lousy stand-up humorist.
Q: Where does Superman park his privates?
A: On Lois Lane
Q: What did Superman say when he married two Women on the same day?
A: “That’s mighty bigamy!”
Q: What did Lex Luthor say when he did the same thing, then killed the women?
A: “That’s awful bigamy!”
Q: What would you find in Superman’s bathroom?
Q: What do you get if you cross the man of steel with a hot beef broth?
Q: Why did Superman flush the toilet?
A: Because it was his duty!
Q: What is Supermans favorite part of the joke?
A: The “punch” line!
Q: What is Superman’s greatest weakness?
A: A bucking horse.
Q: What is Supermans favorite drink?
A: Fruit punch!
Q: What does Superman put in his beverages?
A: Just ice.
Superman looked at Bruce Wayne and said: “Stop acting like a bat boy, ok Batman?”
Three drunkards are standing on top of the Empire State Building. The first one says to the other two, “You know, it’s a funny thing about these wind currents. A person could jump off of this building right now and not even hit the ground; the wind would carry him right back up to the top of the building!” The second drunk says, “You’re crazy!” The first drunk says, “I’m serious! Watch!” The first drunk jumps off of the building, and the wind carries him right back up to the top! The second drunk says, “Let me try!” So the second drunk leaps off of the building and promptly falls to the street below, landing with a hideous SPLAT! The first drunk smiles, clearly amused. The third drunk looks at him and says, “You know, Superman, you can be a real Jerk When you’re drunk!”
There is a big room with four corners. In the first corner, you find Superman. In the second corner you find Batman. In the third corner you find Spiderman. And in the fourth corner you find an extremely intelligent, 100% natural blonde woman with an amazing ultra-thin magazine-model figure. In the center of the room there is a pot of gold.
Q:Who gets to the pot of gold first?
A: None, because none of these characters exist.
Superman was feeling bored after a long break of crime fighting & wanted to go out & party so he called Batman to ask if he wanted to go to a club & pick up some girls. Batman said Robin was ill & he had to look after him. A little disappointed, Superman called Spider-man to see if wanted to grab a couple of beers. Spiderman told him he had a date with Catwoman. As a last resort, Superman flew over to Wonderwoman’s apartment to see If she was free. As he landed on her balcony, he saw Wonder Woman naked on the bed with her legs open. Superman thought to himself “I’m faster than a speeding bullet, I could be in there, have sex & out again before she knew what was happening.” So Superman did his super thing in a split second & flies off happily. Meanwhile on the bed, Wonder woman said “Did you hear anything?” “NO”! said the Invisible Man, “But my ass hurts like hell!”
One day, a woman walks into a bar. Before she decides to order, a man comes flying up to her. He said “Try this magic drink!! It will make you fly!!” So the woman orders that drink, and tests it out. She jumped off the roof, and falls to her death. The bartender says to the man, “Superman, your such a jerk when your drunk.”
For more such humorous tales, subscribe to The Humor Column today!
Disclaimer: All images are sourced from the web. No copyright infringement intended.
Rib-Ticklers: Top 10 Funny Office Jokes
Well well, you might be staring at the screen with countless rumbling about all the work you have right now. Are we right, or are we right?
Here’s a set of 10 relatable office jokes that while tickle your funny bone while you are at it:
1. Ron walks into the boss’s cabin and says. “Sir, I’ll be damn straight with you, I know that the economy isn’t great, but I have three companies chasing after me, and I should get a raise.” After few minutes of arguing, boss finally agrees him to give a 5% raise, and Ron happily gets up to leave.
“By the way Ron”, asks the boss while Ron was about to leave, “which 3 companies are chasing after you?”
Ron: “The phone company, electric company, and the water company”
2. A frustrated junior employee dialed the number of his boss by mistake & said :
Hey you.. send a coffee in my room in 2 minutes !……….
Boss shouted angrily : Hey, Do you know whom you’re talking to ?!!
Junior : No ! Who the hell is this ?
Boss: I am the boss of this office.
Junior (without any change in aggressive tone) : …and do you know whom you are talking to?
Junior: Oh Thank God… (and disconnected the phone)….. 😀
3. Boss: “From the day I fired you from the job; you come and shit in front of my house every single day. What’s your problem ?? I will call the police”
John: “Sir, It’s just to remind you that even after your fired me from the job, I didn’t die without food”
4. Ron once calls his boss’s home and asks for his boss
His boss’s wife receives the call and says “your boss died last week”
The next day Ron again calls.
Boss’ wife receives the call and replies the same
Day after that, Ron calls again
This time Boss’s wife gets angry. “Why does u call everyday even after I told u that he died?”
Ron replies “It just feels good to hear again and again that he’s dead”
5. In an Indian government office, A notice was written on board
“Keep silence. Don’t make any noise”
Somebody wrote under it
“Otherwise employees will wake up from their sleep”
6. Q: What would you call a situation of 100 bosses buried up in sand till their necks ??
A: Lack of Sand !!
7. Once upon a time 20 CEOs of 20 Software companies were invited on an airplane and told that they were about to experience first ever completely autopilot driven flight from take off to landing.
Then each one of the CEOs was called in a private room and told that the system software for the Full-autopilot plane was made by his company. 19 out of 20 CEOs left the aircraft, making some kind of excuse.
One CEO remain seated confidently taking sip of champagne, the crew asked “Wow, you do have a lot of faith in your company”.
CEO said calmly : “No, it’s not that ! If the plane’s software is made by my company, it won’t even take off!!”
8. Q: What does a slinky and your boss have in common?
A: It’s a lot of fun to watch both tumble down the stairs.
9. How to catch a Lion ?
Programmer’s way : Try to trap a lion in a normal cage with simple bait like a goat tied inside of it. If it doesn’t come, change the structure of the cage, if it still doesn’t come, change the bait with deer. This way keep making slight moderations in only these 2 things until the lion is trapped.
Team Lead way : Ask the best hunter to catch the lion, meanwhile keep communicating the progress to the circus management ensuring the lion would be caught without making a slight contribution to the actual process.
Manager’s Way : Keep calling meetings and pushing hard the hunters to catch the lion, if they refuse, send a serious mail with so “pain in the ass” complicated vocabulary that hunter’s find best to give more time and efforts in catching the lion than replying to them. Praise the hunters with false appreciation when they catch a lion and when time comes to pay for it, say we wanted a tiger, not a lion so your performance was not that good and we can’t pay you as much as you expect.
L2 Support Team Member’s way : First read a book on “How to catch lions”. Then perform each step written in the book so slowly (with fear that you might make a mistake) that the Lion becomes so bored and frustrated that he surrenders himself and never raises a request again.
HR Manager’s way : Whenever Lion puts a foot ahead of its territory, start sending him PDFs and Links for the jungle policies and consequences of what can happen if he doesn’t follow them. Even if he follows them, keep sending him the policy update mails and Do’s and Don’ts in the jungle so that lion becomes annoyed and thinks of committing suicide a better way than making automated rules in MS outlook to get rid of them.
10. Two women talking in an office :
First Woman : “I can make my boss give me the day off .”
Second woman : “And how would you do that?”
First woman : “Just wait and see.”
She hangs herself upside down from the ceiling. The boss walks in and says, “What are you doing?”
First woman : “I’m a light bulb. I’m a light bulb.”
Boss : ” I think you’ve gone crazy, working so much. You should take the day off.”
First woman starts leaving and the second one follows her to the door.
Boss to second woman : “Where do you think you’re going ?”
Second Woman: “Are you crazy ? There’s no light bulb now, how would I work in the dark ??”
Did it crack you up? Do subscribe to The Humor Column for more jokes!
Source: Digital Alcohol
Top 30 Weird Collections of Celebrities
Celebrities have their quirks – sometimes, crazy ones! A number of famous musicians, actors, and athletes collect unusual things. Sure, some famous people like to collect rare and vintage items. However, some funny celebrity collections include weapons, and other weird celebrity collections even revolve around bugs.
Look at this list and tell us which one you consider the weirdest
- Angelina Jolie collects knives, as well as first edition books.
2.Johnny Depp has dozens and dozens of special edition Barbie dolls.
3. Nicole Kidman has an impressive coin collection that includes some rare ancient coins of Judea.
4. Brad Pitt collects metal art and metal furniture. He has even designed some pieces himself.
5. Leonardo Di Caprio has an impressive collection of vintage toys. In 2001, he auctioned off a variety of items for charity bringing in a grand total of $110,000.
6. Demi Moore has thousands of fine porcelain dolls in her collection.
7. Jay-Z has one of the most impressive accessory collections known to man. He even owns the most expensive watch in the world – Hublot’s the “Big Bang,” which Beyonce bought for him for $5 million.
8. Penélope Cruz has a thing for coat hangers, with over 500 non-metal ones in her collection.
9. Victoria Beckham owns more than 100 Birkin bags that cost anywhere from $10,000 to $150,000 each.
10. Amanda Seyfried has a growing taxidermy collection.
11. Rosie O’Donnell has a huge collection of McDonald’s Happy Meal toys.
12. Ben Stiller is a Trekkie, and as such, has a big collection of Star Trek memorabilia.
13. Kelsey Grammer has a collection of rare, first-edition books.
14. Dolly Parton collects anything related to butterflies. She even named her 1974 album Love Is Like A Butterfly.
15. Claudia Schiffer collects insects in her free time.
16. Quinton Tarantino has a collection of TV show-themed board games.
17. Blues Brother Dan Akroyd collects old police IDs.
18. Mike Tyson has a collection of tigers.
19. Janet Jackson collects little figurines of pigs.
20. Tom Hanks collects vintage typewriters.
21. Jay Leno is well known for his collection of cars.
22. Lou Ferrigno is an avid Beanie Baby collector.
23. Nicholas Cage is a big nerd. He collects comic books.
24. Reese Witherspoon’s thing is antique linen.
25. Christina Aguilera is known to collect street art and graffiti.
26. Carrie Fisher, has a collection of animal portraits.
27. Martin Scorsese has a collection of movie posters.
28. Paris Hilton hunts frogs
29. Whoopi Goldberg – has an unusual collection of Bakelite Jewelry
30. Norman Reedus collects breast implants.
Which do you think is the weirdest?
Disclaimer: Photographs utilized by this page is not the sole property of the page or it administrators; the photos utilized by us come from around the worldwide web and are shared publicly.
About the Humor Column
We give you a reason to laugh all day.
News1 year ago
Humor: God Damned Young People Have No Respect for Church!
Updates2 years ago
Food Humor: Coconut Jokes
Featured2 years ago
Football Jokes About Liverpool
Updates2 years ago
Food Humor: Ginger Jokes
News2 years ago
Funniest Ice-cream Jokes!
Updates2 years ago
Natural Humor: Turnip Jokes
Featured2 years ago
Food Humor: Peanut Jokes!
General1 year ago
Top 5 Hilarious Jokes on Batman